Studies have concluded that during a typical workday professionals can spend anywhere from five to six hours sitting at their desk. Researchers have further confirmed that sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time is bad for a number of physical and mental health reasons. Amongst those health problems, the most common one is lower back pain. A simple solution to this is to use a good ergonomic chair!
Table of Contents:
- What is an Ergonomic Chair? How Do They Alleviate Back Pain?
- Why Ergonomic Chairs?
- Three Guidelines for Choosing A Good Ergonomics Chair for Back Pain
Ergonomic chairs are specifically designed to fit your body in order to help you sit comfortably for long periods of time. Imagine, if you sit, stand or lie in a poor posture for any length of time, it puts stress on the muscles, joints and ligaments. Poor posture can cause body pain and damage our back, neck and shoulder.
Fortunately, the reverse is also true. A good chair can improve back pain by fostering a good sitting posture that allows proper alignment of the shoulders, hips, and spine. This reduces harmful positions such as slouching and forward head posture.
A good ergonomic chair will be adjustable, to allow for better control and customized settings. Adjustability of height, seat depth and seat tilt of a chair is especially important for office use, considering if it will be used by different users to get the best “fit”.
A good sitting posture increases productivity and creates a motivating work environment.
Correct posture means a person’s body is correctly aligned and all muscles are evenly supported with the least strain. An ergonomic chair guides a person to the best sitting position by relaxing the shoulders, supporting the back against the chair, and positioning the knees at the right height.
For more information on how to sit properly, click: HOW TO SIT AT YOUR DESK CORRECTLY.
Sitting for great amounts of time, especially with an unsupported pelvis, can cause tons of discomfort. It may result in lower back pain, fatigue, improper sitting posture, and even poor blood circulation. This is why it is always important to ensure that we use chairs or other sitting paraphernalia, that will keep us comfortable and supported all the time.
There are five main reasons why ergonomic chairs are a huge advantage over your daily life. Let us explain later in details:
- Posture support
- Reduced pain
- Reduced hip pressure
- Increase blood circulation
- Maintain sitting balance
Posture Support :
- Ergonomic chairs fit your body so that you avoid having to lean forward towards your desk
- This design supports your natural posture
- The design of traditional chairs doesn’t allow for sitting for long hours as a lack of support create lower back and neck pain
- Using the ergonomic chair promises better relaxation and reduced body pains because those important pain points are properly supported thanks to its form fitting design
Reduced Hip Pressure
- Your hips bear the brunt when it comes to holding down the weight in your body
- Ergonomic chairs reduce hip pressure by providing suitable seat depth to support the hips
Increased Blood Circulation
- In a study done back in 2010 on circulation, researchers discovered that sitting for just an hour increases the risk of depression, heart disease, poor blood circulation and back pain
- The American Heart Association reports that any movement that raises metabolic rate above the normal stationary resting rate (sitting) can have profound long-term health benefits and decrease the chances of diseases
- Ergonomic chairs facilitate this by the fact that they are malleable and allow for the user to move around
Maintain Sitting Balance
- A good chair reduces the pressure on discs and muscles, allowing you to move safely while sitting.
- The recline tilt design, one that pivots from the central point under the seat, adjusts simultaneously to the center of gravity when you lean back. Thus, maintain sitting balance and prevent falling
Not only are ergonomic chairs improve your posture and reduce hip and back pain, these chairs can improve your productivity, and enhance your job satisfaction. There have been several studies completed that discovered that choosing office furniture that is both ergonomically designed and comfortable, can have a major impact on employee happiness and productivity.
Here are the three main factors that should be considered when buying an ergonomic chair (especially ergonomics chair for back pain):
- Seat Cushioning: Ensure that the padding on the backrest and the seat of the ergonomic chair is made of breathable material and thick enough to allow you to sit for long hours
- Adjustability: The ergonomic chair should be fully adjustable. It should include the following parts:
- Seat tilt
- Lumbar support
- Ergonomic Patent Certificate:
- Originally established in 1992 as a plastic bobbin factory, we, Tech & Q has now evolved into a leading manufacturer of office chairs.
- We pride ourselves in designing and manufacturing all products at our own factory. This ensures that all designs are unique and strictly not counterfeited.
- Our company has obtained multiple patents thanks to our genius emphasis on chairs that prioritize waist support and protection
What further sets us, Tech & Q, apart from competitors is the clear evidence of years of research into the ergonomics of seating. With the knowledge of human behavior and the expertise of plastic injection molding, Tech & Q developed a range of products incorporating the latest ergonomic science paired with stylish designs.
To conclude, it is clear that ergonomic chairs have a significant advantage over competitors especially when considering their use for long periods of sitting. Considering this, Tech & Q have also proven to be a leader in the industry that produces these chairs for the following reasons:
- We choose the material carefully to make sure the chairs are endurable in high-latitude regions
- Our Tech & Q team is dedicated to providing high-quality chairs as proven by the fact that most of our hot-selling products pass BIMFA or AFRDI standards test
- We provide a 3-year -warranty for all products
Given our years of experience and the dedication to continuously evolving and perfecting, we make excellent chairs for both office and home settings. One can’t go wrong with buying from Tech & Q! For more information about our chair categories, please click this link.
You May Also Like
- What Are The Features of An Ergonomically Designed Chair?
- What Is the Best Chair for Back Pain? Why A Good Posture in Office Chair Can Help?
- How to Choose Visitor Chairs for the Office to Make Your Guest Feel Comfortable?
Research Citation :
- Ergonomics Health Association (Creating Safer Workplaces): https://ergonomicshealth.com/category/ergonomic-chairs/
- Journal of Ergonomics Research: https://www.scitechnol.com/journal-ergonomics-research.php
- The International Ergonomics Association (IEA): https://iea.cc